Disclaimer: I received free entry into the Surf City Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
California, here I come! This will be my first race in California and I am super excited! I love the beach and sunny skies and have not been to California in quite a few years. This will be the perfect destination for a race to escape the frozen tundra of Wisconsin in February for a few days so, it is a win, win! I picked this race because of its location and beautiful course with oceanfront views!
I have been dealing with a knee issue since October and am a little worried about how training, as well as the actual race will go but, I will enjoy it nonetheless! I am sure I will do plenty of walking but the cutoff for the half marathon is VERY generous with a time limit of approximately 5 – 5.5 hours! The full marathon has a time limit of 6 hours.
There are several race distances to choose from. The Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K and the 1 mile Cowabunga Beach Challenge, as well as a virtual option. If you aren’t into racing you could always volunteer. Races cannot run without the help of the amazing volunteers!
• Oceanfront Marathon and Half Marathon Course on Pacific Coast Highway – Out and Back
• Award Winning Surfboard Medals for all distances. Kids, too!
• Average High Temperature on Race Day 68 degrees
• Long Sleeve Participant Shirts for Marathon & Half Participants
• Short Sleeve Shirts for 5K
• FREE Beer at Sunday’s Sand Bar, friends and family welcome! (21+ with ID)
• Live Surf Band Entertainment
• 3 Day California Lifestyle Expo
• Complimentary Live Athlete Alerts for Participants and their supporters
• Lots of Parking and FREE Shuttles to Start/Finish Areas